I am honored to be the recipient of three awards, thanks so much! As usual, the toughest part is giving the awards to fellow bloggers because I think all of you deserve awards and I hate to exclude anyone. So here’s a side note: if you would like an award sometime, leave me a comment or send me an email, and the next time I get one, I’ll be sure to award you. Don’t be humble. firstname.lastname@example.org
Anyway, here goes:
I received the “I’m NOT Featured on Freshly Pressed Award”
Directions for you to accept the “The I’m NOT Featured On Freshly Pressed Award”
1. Select the blog(s) you think deserve the “The I’m NOT Featured On Freshly Pressed Award”.
2. Write a blog post and tell us the blog(s) you have chosen – there are no minimum or maximum number of blogs required and ‘present’ the blog(s) with their award.
3. Include in your blog post a paragraph about why you’d like to be on WordPress’ Freshly Pressed OR a paragraph on why you couldn’t care less about Freshly Pressed. Up to you …
4. Let the blog(s) that you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the instructions with them – (please don’t alter the instructions or the badge!)
5. Come over and say hello to the originator of the “The I’m NOT Featured On Freshly Pressed Award” via this link: http://DonCharisma.org/2014/01/01/the-im-not-featured-on-freshly-pressed-award
6. And as a winner of the award- please add a link back to the blog that presented you with this award, and then PROUDLY display the award on your blog.
7. If you ever do get officially “Freshly Pressed” then take down this award badge and display the official “Freshly Pressed” badge instead.
Ok, obliging the rules of the award, I guess I have to admit that I’ve been wanting to be Freshly Pressed for a while now. I rationalize that a lot of my content isn’t appropriate, and I think that’s valid. Especially here on “The Journal of Wall Grimm”. However, on my Sage Doyle blog, I’m thinking I have some poetry that might be worthy. I probably would never have thought that way prior to blogging, but my readers have boosted my ego and now I’m nearly convinced I’m good enough. All that said, I don’t think Wall Grimm will ever be pressed since there’s too much sex and drug abuse. But Sage Doyle…. So why do I want to be Freshly Pressed? Well, I’ll have to be blatantly honest to respond to that. There are a couple of reasons. The first reason pertains to the pride and pleasure I take in my writing, and I think receiving that honor would make me feel recognized on a different level. In that respect it would feel as if I’ve achieved something great and it would be another milestone in my writing career. The second reason pertains to selfish gain, truthfully. What writer doesn’t want more readers? I’m thinking perhaps more readership comes from being Freshly Pressed. More readership for me could maybe help in my pursuit for publication. Essentially, I suppose both answers emphasize success, just a bit more than I’ve already accomplished.
A note to my awardees, if you go over to http://DonCharisma.org/2014/01/01/the-im-not-featured-on-freshly-pressed-award you will find a variety of these badges that he created and you can choose the one you like.
My awardees are:
I wanted to honor one person in particular for this award, the first one who entered my mind:
I’d also like to give this award to http://countingducks.wordpress.com/
And as well to all the bloggers mentioned below as awardees.
The Dragon’s Loyalty Award
Directions for you to accept the Dragon’s Loyalty Award
1. Display the Award on your Blog.
2. Announce your win with a post and thank the Blogger who awarded you.
3. Present 15 deserving Bloggers with the Award
4. Link your awardees in the post and let them know of their being awarded.
5. Write seven interesting things about you
I think I’ve already said everything interesting about me that there is to know, when I received other awards, but I’ll give it a try. I also can’t remember what I’ve already said, so if I repeat myself, that just proves how limited I am in the interesting department:
1. My first pet that was my very own was a Siamese fighting fish that I creatively named “Fighter”. There’s that joke about how you take the name of your first pet and the first street you lived on, and put them together to make your porn name. That would make me Fighter Rollstone.
2. I always wanted to be a mortician.
3. My favorite cheap red wine is Carlo Rossi, either the chianti or the paisano. I’m drinking the chianti as I type this, while snacking on flatbread crackers with Monterey Jack cheese, and watching the movie “Grabbers”.
4. When I was in high school, a couple friends of mine and I would walk around the city, each with our own six pack, and sing Violent Femmes songs while being mildly vandalistic. One of my favorite things we did was steal things from peoples’ yards and put them in their neighbors’ yards. I don’t do that stuff anymore, but maybe I’ll include that in one of my Wall Grimm posts sometime.
5. My favorite sport is baseball.
6. I have a thing against the number 6. For some reason, I just don’t like it.
7. My favorite instrument is the bagpipes.
My awardees are (and remember you also receive the “I’m NOT Featured on Freshly Pressed Award”):
I received the:
Wonderful Team Member Readership Award
The rules of this award are as follows:
▪The recipients of the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award should display the logo on his/her blog.
▪The recipient then nominates 14 of their own blog’s readers who they appreciate. They can post their nominations all at once or little by little over a period of 7 days. They need to links to their nominees’ blogs and notify them that they are WTMRA recipients on their blogs.
Very simple rules.
My awardees (who also receive the “I’m NOT Featured on Freshly Pressed Award) are:
And that’s all. Thank you so much, I deeply appreciate this honor!